DASWA Committee 2019
I am an experienced Italian Nutritionist, Dietician, Pharmacist, Biologist and Personal Trainer, associate member of the NSA, Nutrition Society of Australia. My "Classic Roots" come from my Diploma Classico and I strongly believe Italian Culture must be shown, grown and passed on Australia, our country now. Dante Alighieri Association is an opportunity to do it, especially here in Western Australia.
We are the only Istituto di Cultura Italiano of Western Australia. It will be very important to claim transparency, our first aim.
Our second goal is to improve our Italian school. Get the PLIDA, it will raise students, income and connections with the Italian Government and associations as WAATI, MLTAWA and IAWCC.
We must be the first Italian School of Western Australia.
Our third goal is to have new members without losing anyone. Get connection with Public and Private School in Perth, organising more Competitions as Poetry and literary Competitions and speech Competition, it will thrive us. Get connection with Italian agents of immigration spread in Perth, it will be very important to be a landmark for all the new Italian immigrants, they can have answers for free and they could have new English classes to prepare for the IELTS Test and conversation once a week to socialize and improve their English. Theatre classes for young and adult aspiring performers supervised by our artistic director Rino Pellone, and once a month a cultural evening.
We have to start again with enthusiasm and energy thinking always in a positive way. I really believe the Dante Alighieri Association is going to have a new renaissance as an Italian School and Italian culture landmark.
Mr Giovanni Rossi
My name is Giovanni Rossi. I was born in Perth. My parents migrated after the war from a village near Benevento in Campania. I am employed by the Department of Education as a Human Resources Manager. I am proud to be of Italian origin and am passionate about the Italian language and culture. I welcome the opportunity to contribute to the Dante Alighieri Society in promoting the Italian language and culture in Western Australia.
Most of you know me through my theatre performances with the Italian Theatre of WA and the Stelle Nascenti. Apart from performing at various venues in Perth I have directed and taken part in a few Serate Culturali for the Dante Alighieri over the years. I have been an active member of the committee since 2018 and during this time I have contributed in a major role in complying with the good governance aspect of our constitution. I have now been elected as Secretary and I’m sure I will do my best continuing to contribute toward the growth of the Society and the promotion of our beautiful Italian language and culture.
Mr Giuseppe Luna
- Mr Raffaele BasiniMr Raffaele BasiniIn presenting myself I consider myself accepted even at this advanced age of mine and therefore receiving acceptance in acting within the activities that we will engage with the Committee. I am Raffaele Basini and I remember having participated alongside characters of literary value and feeling satisfied in this very positive activity. I, like the competent authorities, the teachers and the relative organizations, try to keep our Italian alive, which is music, our history that is part of us still very much attached to our Country of origin.
- Ms Margherita CavaniMs Margherita Cavani
My name is Margherita Cavani. I have been at the Dante for the past two years teaching Language and Literature. I can be beneficial for the Dante society for my excellent knowledge of the Italian language. I have a degree in Italian Law and I have studied Latin and ancient Greek. I love culture and art. It’s my pleasure to prepare lessons of Grammar, Literature and Art for the classes and cultural events.
- Mr Gabriele CampaniMr Gabriele CampaniMy name is Gabriele Campani. I studied and lived most of my life in Italy, before moving to NZ, and then to WA. I have a long history in working and collaborating with cultural associations: at “Italia Nostra” during the 80s (in Modena, my native city, under the direction of Prof. Veglia Venturi), and most of all at the “Accademia di Musica” (a branch of AIAC, Associazione Italiana Artistico Culturale), under the direction of Maestro Giuseppe La Monica, and at CEPAM, Centro Permanente Attività Musicali, (an ARCI related association) under Mr Giuliano Giovanelli. I kept on working in these two musical institutes until my departing from Italy in 2009. I am a full time musician (guitar player and singer), composer, and teacher with over 30 years of professional experience in the field. I can be helpful to Dante Society in many ways, as related to my qualifications (besides my certificates in Music and Harmony, I have a degree in Economy too), as to my working history. I am used to interact and find solutions to problems: a team-oriented attitude, necessary for the challenges that Dante Society will have to face in the next years.
- Ms Patrizia TargaMrs Patrizia TargaMy name is Patrizia and I have been in Australia for the past 18 years. I have been a member at Dante for few years but never been involved personally. I am now working as office administrator at Dante since May 2019 and decided to be part of the committee because I think it is important to keep our culture alive. I also believe we need to do our best to get the younger generations to participate so that they can better understand where their parents come from.
- Mr Eros NardinMr Eros NardinMy name is Eros and I have been living in Australia for the past 18 years. I have been working as a chemist for the last 30 years in various industries both in Italy and Australia. I became a member of the Dante Alighieri few years ago thanks to the Stelle Nascenti theatre where my daughters perform which is a beautiful example of what Italian culture means. I have decided to be part of the committee because I think it is important to keep our Italian culture alive and show it to all Australians that love our native Country.
- Mr Luca IovinoMr Luca IovinoMy name is Luca Iovino. I was born in Naples and I migrated to Australia five years ago. I graduated from University with a degree in Industrial Design which has helped me develop my critical thinking and refine my design skills to accurately convey creative ideas. I have been a member of the Dante Alighieri for over a year and during this time I have helped with some of the needed maintenance. I believe the purpose of the Dante is extremely necessary to keep the Italian language and culture alive, especially for those who live so far away from home.
- Mrs Imma PelloneMrs Imma Pellone
I am Imma Pellone, most of you would know me as I have been the Secretary of the previous committee and more recently our Italian School Coordinator. Currently I am a member of the new committee as a counselor. I am Italian, born in Naples where I lived for eighteen years. In Naples I spent the formative years from elementary to middle school and at the Elena di Savoia Technical Institute which I did not complete because I followed my parents to Australia. We settled in Melbourne and after several years of difficulties, both of language and integration, I was able to continue my studies by completing a degree in Linguistics and Italian followed by a diploma in Education (which is a specialization in teaching) both achieved at "La Trobe University" in Melbourne. Teaching the Italian language was for me the means by which I promulgated and promoted our language and our great culture. During my twenty-five years of teaching in high schools I have also organized, when possible, cultural exchanges with Italy, thus creating a bridge of friendship, of respect and affection between the two cultures despite the profound differences and enormous distances. For twenty years I have lived in Perth with my family: my husband Rino whom you know, three daughters and five grandchildren. Recently I have retired from work but despite this I strongly continue to promote and propagate the Italian Language and Italy’s inestimable culture.
School Coordinator (email@example.com)
Mrs Imma Pellone
Marketing & Communications
Mr Giovanni Firmani
Ms Patrizia Targa
(from the left) Giuseppe Luna (treasurer), Luca Iovino (committee member), Imma Pellone (committee member) Rino Pellone (secretary), Patrizia Targa (committee member ), Alessandro Vero (chairperson), Eros Nardin (committee member), Gabriele Campani (committee member), Raffaele Basini (committee member), Giovanni Rossi (vice chairperson).